Smartphone makers nowadays tend to explore different niche markets to cater to every smartphone user there is. Apple iPhone, which used to be notable for its compact size, recently launched a large-screened iPhone 6 Plus. Meanwhile, Samsung also does its own exploration towards other niche markets as it is reportedly building a smartphone designed specifically for the “selfie-loving” users.
The purported Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime appeared on a Vietnamese website recently with photos and unofficial information about its specs and estimated release date.
Based from the photos, the Grand Prime carries similar appearance as its predecessors.
Unofficial Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime specs:
- Snapdragon 400 processor
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB internal memory, expandable via microSD
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 5-inch qHD display
- 8-megapixel primary camera, 1080p video-recording capability
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera
- 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- Expected launch: October 2014