PITTSBURGH, Oct. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Niche, a research site that blends millions of community reviews and opinions with hard data, today released a poll and infographic of the political views and media habits of over 20,000 students with high school graduation years concentrated between 2011 and 2016.
The results reveal new insights on how young people view politics and the outlets and influences gaining and losing millennials’ trust.
Key findings include:
- Millennials up for grabs in 2014: Despite lower turnout in midterm elections, 49 percent of voting-age millennials plan to vote on November 4th, while 33 percent remain unsure of their voting plans.
- Hillary in 2016: 80 percent of millennials plan to vote in the 2016 presidential election and 50 percent would vote for Hillary Clinton over all other candidates.
- Millennials trend Moderate: Many identify political leaning as “Moderate,” with an even split between “Liberal” and “Conservative”.
- Parents’ opinions matter: 75 percent of respondents report parents as biggest influencers on political opinions, with “Teachers and Mentors” coming in second at 43 percent.
- TV News Consumption High: While 62 percent of millennials turn to the Internet for political news, 58 percent still look to TV.
- CNN.com and NYTimes.com, most trusted online sources: 60 percent turn to CNN.com and 37 percent to NYTimes.com for political information.
- CNN, Fox News ABC News—most trusted TV outlets: 48 percent turn to CNN, 40 percent to Fox News, and 39 percent to ABC News.
- Social networks, a political battleground: 66 percent of respondents read other people’s political posts and 20 percent have changed opinions based on a friend’s political post.
Niche is transforming the way people make big life decisions. By blending millions of community reviews and opinions with hard data, we make choosing a college, K-12 school, or place to live a more transparent process. From our founding in 2002 as College Prowler to our coverage on over 250,000 schools and places, Niche’s rapidly expanding presence continues to empower users to find their niche and thrive within it. For further information, visit https://niche.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/poll-reveals-millennials-are-up-for-grabs-in-2014-midterms-want-hillary-in-2016-951907097.html